Latest Blog Posts:
- Lost properties and where to find them: comfit hailstones
- Box Office Bears: a new research project on animal-baiting
- Repertory and Reputation at the Curtain
- The possible discovery of the Red Lion, London’s first Elizabethan playhouse
- Ruff Play with Shakespeare: a new video series
- A bit lit: a new forum for scholarship and creativity
Before Shakespeare asks how and why commercial playhouses came to be built in London during the reign of Queen Elizabeth. We engage in performance and archival research to explore the world of sixteenth-century playhouses and the plays performed in them.
Contact us on email@example.com.