Our next event is a COMBAT WORKSHOP on the 26 April 2020. Find out more HERE.
Latest Blog Posts:
- Ruff Play with Shakespeare: combat, gender and entertainment
- Roguery in print: crime and culture in early modern London
- The Boar’s Head: discover very heady, very not boring new discoveries at an early modern playhouse
- Engendering the Stage: post-doc and PhD opportunities
- Edward’s Boys – The Play of Wit and Science 7th – 12th July 2019
- Shakespeare as minor dramatist
Before Shakespeare asks how and why commercial playhouses came to be built in London during the reign of Queen Elizabeth. We engage in performance and archival research to explore the world of sixteenth-century playhouses and the plays performed in them.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.