Latest Blog Posts:
- Ruff Play with Shakespeare: a new video series
- A bit lit: a new forum for scholarship and creativity
- Ruff Play with Shakespeare: postponed
- Pass Ye Remote: A Quest for Early Modern Entertainment Through Online Learning Resources
- Ruff Play with Shakespeare: combat, gender and entertainment
- Roguery in print: crime and culture in early modern London
Before Shakespeare asks how and why commercial playhouses came to be built in London during the reign of Queen Elizabeth. We engage in performance and archival research to explore the world of sixteenth-century playhouses and the plays performed in them.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.